After seven years of happy marriage and the birth of two beautiful children, Dmitri wanted to give his wife Barno the most precious gift of all: A wonderful trip full of once-in-a-lifetime memories, and a family photo session to record them for all time. While the couple had travelled often together, they had never before had a family photo session, and with their children growing up quickly before their eyes, Dmitri felt it was time to begin capturing the joyous, and often all too brief, innocence of young family life. The family photography at Kurion Beach shown below encapsulates a purity that words alone could never express, and for the rest of their lives, this little family will be able to look back on this chapter of their lives and reflect on the love of father and mother, parent and child… What better gift could a wife and mother ask for?
Family Photography: Ideas For Creating The Perfect Gift
Family photographs can do much more than nestle between the pages of a photo album, waiting for the day when family members have enough time to sit down and reminisce together. You can turn your family photos into a number of different gifts, and from there, incorporate your family’s precious memories into everyday life. Some examples of gifts that you can make from family photos include:
- Printed wooden boxes. Have your family photos printed onto keepsake boxes in which trinkets and souvenirs can be stored, creating heirloom “memory boxes” that your family will treasure for generations.
- Magnets. When you have your family photos printed onto magnets, you will be reminded of the wonderful times your family has spent together every time you look at the fridge—a sure way to brighten even the most stressful days and remind everyone of what is most important: Love.
- Puzzles. Young and old alike delight in completing puzzles together, so what better gift for grandparents and other relatives than puzzles made from family photos?
- Calendars. If you have ever flipped through an old calendar and felt a rush of memories flood in as you read through the notes written on it and reviewed all you were doing that year, you know that calendars can powerfully embody a year in the life of your family. What better way to build on this than by creating calendars printed with your family photos?
- Framed collages. Another perfect gift for relatives, a framed collage of your family photos is the perfect accent to any wall.
- Cookie tins. Add a very personal touch to gifts of holiday baking by having your photographs printed onto custom cookie tins, making the tins themselves into keepsakes.
The above suggestions are only the beginning: When it comes to creating beautiful personalised gifts from family photos, your imagination is truly the limit. If you have your own unique gift idea, why not share it with me by simply writing me?